Coronavirus Policies and Procedures
A lot has changed in the last few months in the wake of the Coronavirus epidemic. This holds true for our office as well, as we are dedicated to keeping our patients and staff safe and healthy. Please review our new policies and procedures for appointments. We will update you if this changes again. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Before your appointment:
We are requiring all patients to wear a mask, please bring one with you. Text a close-up, clear copy of your driver’s license. In a separate text send a close-up, clear copy of the front and back of your medical insurance card(s). Make sure you update your patient portal PRIOR to your scheduled visit, or we will not be able see you that day. Arrive 15 minutes ahead of your scheduled appointment to sign a few documents on an iPad.
When you arrive, stay in your car and call 770-486-1020. We will take an iPad out to you in your vehicle. A few signatures will be required. Then, let us know when you are finished. A tech will talk to you on the phone or text to ask you some screening questions.
- All physicians and staff, as well as patients, must wear a mask or cloth face covering.
- We will allow only you to come in for your appointment. If you need assistance, please advise us.
- Do not bring in anything extra with you that cannot fit in your pocket. ie: purses, hats, cell phones, etc.
- Staff will advise you to enter as soon as we have disinfected the equipment and exam room.
- Upon entering – staff will direct you to sanitize your shoes, sanitize your hands, and take your temperature .
- In order to expedite your visit and minimize your time in the office, ALL patients will receive an Optomap retinal imaging for a reduced fee of $30. This is in addition to any other copays or fees and must be paid at time of visit.
- Please use the facilities BEFORE you come to the office as ours are currently CLOSED to patients.
Your appointment has been reserved especially for you. Due to COVID-19 restraints and limited appointment slots, all cancellations require 24 hours notice. A fee of $90 will apply to any cancellations less than 24 hours or no shows.
Thank you for your cooperation as we implement these safety measures. Our goal is to provide the highest level of care in a safe environment. If you have any questions prior to your appointment, please do not hesitate to contact Williamson Eye Care.
We look forward to seeing you at your appointment.
Dr. Williamson and Staff